Today, owning a car directly affects the quality of life positively. Of course, there are certain costs of owning a car and various advantages and disadvantages depending on the fuel type of the car you choose. In this article, while looking for an answer to the question of what are the advantages and disadvantages of Diesel and Gasoline vehicles, we will try to examine both types in depth.
It is the energy that comes out as a result of the reaction of gasoline and oxygen, which provides the movement in gasoline vehicles. Energy creates pressure, and pressure causes the engine pistons to move.
Advantages of Gasoline Vehicles
1. Gasoline vehicles are more affordable in sales because their fuel costs are higher than diesel vehicles. For this reason, the first thing that stands out in the comparison of the two classes is that gasoline vehicles are more affordable.
2. Gasoline vehicles work more easily because the fuel they use reacts faster and therefore they are quieter.
3 .Maintenance intervals and costs are more advantageous than diesel vehicles. While diesel vehicles go to the service every 10,000 kilometers, this number varies between 15,000 and 20,000 for gasoline vehicles. The difference in the figure is due to differences of opinion between manufacturers and varies for each vehicle.
4. As we mentioned before, gasoline is a fuel that reacts quickly. Therefore, its performance is higher than diesel vehicles.
5. Today, due to the rising fuel prices, it is possible to make gasoline engines compatible with LPG gas as a result of various modifications. For this reason, gasoline vehicles are more advantageous than diesel vehicles.
Disadvantages of Gasoline Vehicles
1. Of course, the most obvious disadvantage of gasoline vehicles is the liter price of gasoline and gasoline engines consume more fuel. Considering the fuel consumption, which is the leading cost of owning a vehicle, this disadvantage becomes even more important.
While seeking an answer to the question of the advantages and disadvantages of Diesel and Gasoline vehicles, another issue that needs to be answered is the difference in working principles. Diesel engines do not need engine equipment such as spark plugs or carburetors. Instead, the atmospheric air filled into the combustion chamber is compressed by the cylinder and heated up to almost 500 degrees, and movement is provided by the explosions obtained by spraying fuel on the heated air. The power obtained is much higher than gasoline vehicles. For this reason, diesel engines are preferred in almost all of the load carrying vehicles.
Advantages of Diesel Vehicles
1. Diesel has a less volatile structure compared to gasoline. Therefore, the combustion process takes longer. This naturally provides less fuel consumption in exchange for more kilometers. In addition, due to the fact that diesel is more advantageous in fuel prices per liter, the cost difference is even greater for gasoline vehicles.
2. Due to both its working principle and engine design, diesel engine vehicles produce more torque than gasoline vehicles. In this way, they can continue to perform even under heavy loads.
3. When you decide to dispose of the vehicle you bought, you realize that diesel powered vehicles find buyers more easily and at higher prices. Diesel vehicles find buyers faster than gasoline vehicles due to both their advantages and their usage areas.
Disadvantages of Diesel Vehicles
1. Since their working principles and designs are different compared to gasoline vehicles, maintenance costs are higher.
2. Compared to gasoline vehicles, it is necessary to bear a higher cost when purchasing diesel vehicles.
3. Diesel vehicles are more prone to malfunctions due to their fuel type and working principles.
4. They work noisier as they produce high torque. If you are sensitive to sound, we recommend that you listen to the sound of the vehicle you will buy before buying a diesel vehicle.
5. Unlike gasoline vehicles, it is not possible to modify diesel vehicles to run on LPG.
In this article, we tried to answer the question of what are the advantages and disadvantages of Diesel and Gasoline vehicles and to touch on the working principles of engines working with both fuel types. However, if you are dealing with rent a car business, you can benefit from Titarus services to manage all operations of rent a car companies as well as fuel type of vehicles, maintenance periods and similar processes.